Smarter Networks Portal
The Energy Networks Association (ENA) represents transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland. Ofgem and ENA members requested ENA to develop a GB Smarter Networks Portal (SNP). The SNP acts as a repository for innovative projects, initially focussing on the Low Carbon Networks (LCN) Fund Tier 1 and Tier 2, IFI (Innovation Funding Incentive) and moving into RIIO (the new price control framework), with the stated aims of providing:
- An overview of the technical and commercial coverage of current smart grid projects in GB.
- A repository for key project documentation.
- Identification of activity areas and gaps.
- Informing the demand response work ("CUE") being jointly undertaken by ENA / ERA (Energy Retail Association).
- An understanding of likely sources of Cost/Benefit data.
- Information of relevance to the next round of LCN Fund bids.
- Information of relevance to the next round of Price Controls.
- Assistance to ENA, its members and other interested parties in tracking progress of projects and promoting the sharing of information and learning.
Visit the Smarter Networks Portal at: